Thursday, December 25, 2008

Collecting As A Hobby


I have been always amazed of people assembling collection of just about anything; mugs, shots, rubbers, pencils, stones, matches, etc... I wonder if it gives them a sense of security or it is an expression of an emotional status.

I am not a fan of collections, I feel that by collecting I will become attached. With attachment I am immobile, I am stuck. I have to fit what I love in my bag. If it doesn't then it is not mine!

After giving this speech.....

I now collect magnets from different corners of this world, they give glimpses to the things that caught my attention in the country I am visiting. I have no idea when or how it started.
And I am not sure if I am attached to them? If I am stuck? I hope not. I just collect them for the fun & pleasure of coloring my dull metal door at home :-)

My collection is nice but it is not comparable with the Magnet Lady who owns 29,000 magnets as of February 2002 according to the British "Book of alternative records". I don't want to compete with her not even in my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment