Thursday, December 31, 2009

My last lesson in the last day of 2009

My dad appeared on the new year eve dressed with a joyful smile. Our kids looked up at him and asked Sido why you are putting a flower in your pocket? He answered: “It is new year & I am wearing a new shirt as well, look... ” Do you want to smell the flower?

At that moment it hits me …. I ceased to really celebrate personal special days like my birthdays, valentine, new year, anniversaries. I have no longer joy in these days!

How I allowed myself to reach this stage! Am I depressed! Lost interest in life! Have no passion for life! Are all days the same!

I looked at dad again, he is much older than me; he is the one who should be depressed from all he went through & saw in his 69 years. Yet, he still celebrates new year from his heart.

My last lesson in the last day of 2009... I won't let what's so ever to deprive me from the joy of my special days. The joy is inside me, its a mental status, I control it.


I'll make sure that my resolutions for 2010 to include:

  • Celebrating my birthday regardless of old memories & who is there to celebrate it;
  • Celebrating new years with the joy of anticipating a new good days to come;
  • Making sure to remember anniversaries when I fall in love again;
  • Giving myself a gift on special occasions;
  • & not to be with who stopped celebrating life.


No comments:

Post a Comment