Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adios Cyprus

April is where I evaluate myself & life path. In April 2007, I said WOW. I am here... living my dreams. Having all I wanted. I worked hard on levels to achieve them; myself, academic, knowledge and professional. I was scared I have no more dreams to peruse, how I go in life dreamless!

I started to ask myself what to do next. Absolutely nothing. Just to live & enjoy my life to the fullest. And I did.

I enjoyed every single weekend. I enjoyed laying down on the beach, reading, swimming, listing to music, watching people. I enjoyed my daily morning walks sea side. I enjoyed exploring villages, beaches, & taverns. I loved my car & all the disasters I did driving on the wrong side of road.

At home, I enjoyed my room mate intelligence, sense of humor, easy going, respect, and compromises. I enjoyed our rituals, chores. I enjoyed rectifying our disasters. I enjoyed the cultural exchange we had to go through. I enjoyed cooking & experimenting new dishes. I enjoyed watching from the windows the rain & thunderstorms striking the sea. I enjoyed cold days tucked under the blanket on the sofa in front of the TV just watching series after series. I enjoyed going home with take away pizza & watching CSI. I enjoyed peeling pomegranates every Sat wearing hand made cover from plastic sacs (it didn't work, I can't count how many undershirt I ruined). I enjoyed going back to Amman whenever I could which was often. I enjoyed hosting my family every summer. I enjoyed the vacations traveling.

At work, I enjoyed leading a team, running projects, for sure not handling the customers. Enjoyed the pre sales consultation & product marketing. Enjoyed setting implementation standards. Enjoyed working on new products & ideas. I enjoyed the challenge of working with 7 nationalities in same office and our breaks on balcony playing tricks on each other. I enjoyed the business trips I had by extending a weekend before & after exploring. Maybe this part (work) was the worst of my life setting; stressful but bearable.

I never complained about my lifestyle or settings. I was happily satisfied.

I guess what I am just trying to say here is goodbye. I am closing a chapter of my life, for it I say Salute.

No comments:

Post a Comment