Monday, April 27, 2009

Managing Contacts

I am sure I am not the sole person who is suffering from managing efficiently his/her contacts. Or maybe I am exaggerating about it. Let me explain here my dilemma. How simple life could be if it stopped on issues like this one ;-)

Considering that I am somehow, sometimes, & in some areas I am systematic (again I stress the point some). I have the urge to have an organized contacts; which I don't for these reasons:

  1. I have accounts at
  2. I have lived the past 10 years in 3.3 countries and worked in 4 different companies.
  3. I have 3 major sim cards for 3 different countries that I keep moving between on regular basis. In which taxis, restaurants, services and other daily contacts I need just during a certain period.
  4. I am losing contacts with people I would like to stay in touch with, because both sides are in constant move.

What I need to do is to de-clutter my contacts and find a permanent solution for my problem. I need an application/solution that can perform everything (this is what exactly my customers ask for).

Seriously, I need:

  • A Centralized address book, for which initial input is done through it, later to populate the date into the rest of the applications mentioned above
  • Give ownership of some of the data in the contact profile to the person him/herself to keep it update it
  • Two ways sync between all applications i.e. between yahoo & google, google & hotmail, etc.
  • Capable of creating different sync list for the mobile i.e. per category, country

Abra Kadabra, the solution is....

No comments:

Post a Comment