Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Home Alone..Not The Movie


Ya, I know I am a person that really enjoys herself without people's company & I am myself best friend. But I love the company of joyful, interesting friends. A tiny reason for having friends is that I enjoy laughing on my goofiness with them. Trust me I have plenty.

Being back here in Amman for such a long period (3 months) made me feel very alone. With no like-minded friends I am spending most of the time Home Alone.

I am fully aware of why I reached this stage.. it doesn't hit me as a surprise; Simply:
- I had best friends who didn't know my full story, then quitting on them slowly for a reason they have no clue about;
- leaving Jordan; &
- living abroad in two different countries with extensive business trips.

What do I expect to have friends dropping from the sky!

The issue now is:
1.Who makes new friends at 37! No comments of whats so ever
2.How can I manage to meet new people in Amman? Is it worthy! I have less than one more month here.
3.If it is worthy, where can I find such “like-minded” people?
4.How can I avoid having the same problem in Canada once I settle there?

What do I mean by “Like-minded” friends:
- Open minded & liberal
- Joyful & love to play
- Have love for culture, books, travel, other interests of their own
- Take their share of responsibility in life i.e. live for a cause
- Accept people for who they are
- I'd feel comfortable and happy around


I don't want to be desperate for friendship, I trust it will come on its own time.

2 comments:

  1. Join me for a walk this weekend - its on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had really a great time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete